I love snickerdoodle cookies (especially from Diddy Reise in Westwood, Los Angeles, CA). But thats besides the point. I made these uber easy snickerdoodle cookies with cream cheese filling using just 4 ingredients!
Adapted from HERE!
Hardware: Electric mixer, mini rolling pin or the back of teaspoon, mini cupcake/muffin pan and liners
1 pacakage of pre made snickerdoodle dough (from the refrigerator section)
4 oz. (1/2 8 oz. package) of cream cheese, at room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line mini muffin pan with liners.
2. Roll out about a tablespoon of dough into balls and drop in liners.
3. Using a mini rolling pin or the back of a teaspoon dipped in powdered sugar, make an indentation in the dough to create a crater for the cream cheese filling.
4. Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
5. Fill a piping bag with the cream cheese mixture and pipe about a 1 1/2 tsp. of the mixture into each cookie.
6. Bake for about 9 minutes.
The cream cheese filling will sink into the cookie once out of the oven. I like to add more cream cheese on top. Since there is nothing really raw/inedible in the cream cheese filling anyway, its okay to let it set at room temperature.